|Synonyms||(-)-carnitine, L-carnitine, karnitin, (R)-carnitine, vitamin BT|
|Brand names||Carnitor, VitaCarn|
Levocarnitine is an essential component of the human body, required for fatty acid metabolism; supplementation has been trialled for various different conditions.
- Health Professional Fact Sheet (from NIH's, ODS) entry
- NCBI Bookshelf provides free book resources on this topic.
- PubMed provides review articles from the past five years (limit to free review articles or to systematic reviews)
- The TRIP database provides clinical publications about evidence-based medicine.
- University of Maryland Medical Center entry